When looking for the ideal home for my clients with families, location ranks as a high consideration, along with good neighborhoods and schools. A good location might mean being close to major travel routes, shopping, or other conveniences. With so many neighborhood options around Brandon, one of the conveniences many families enjoy who decide to call this area home, is knowing they never have to trek far from home to have a good time!
Brandon is a family-friendly community, and its entertainment venues cater to the interests of its residents. With its proximity to MacDill AFB and downtown Tampa, Brandon attracts many military and relocating families who appreciate the good schools, a more affordable cost of living than they’d find in the city, and no lack of ways to spend a family day out. As a mom of two busy boys, I’m glad there’s no shortage of places to go just minutes from home.
If you are considering moving to Brandon and want to know what’s around, or even if you’re already in the community and need a reminder of what’s in your backyard, I’ve compiled a list of the best places around Brandon, FL, to spend fun times with your family.
7 Places in Brandon, FL to Spend a Day Out with Your Family
- Astro Skate Family Fun Center This rollerskating rink has all the classic features: fun music, disco lights, and, of course, that shiny wood floor. Throw in some pizza and a few pool tables, and you have the perfect venue for a birthday party or just a fun Saturday afternoon.
- Dinosaur World Okay, this one isn’t technically in Brandon, but I had to include it on my list! This unique attraction will give your dino-loving kiddos a time they’ll remember for years to come. Dinosaur World has over 200 life-size model dinosaurs and fun activities like the Fossil Dig. This attraction is great for kids under 12, but you’ll want to bring everyone, even the family pet – dogs are welcome everywhere except the indoor museum!
- Westfield Brandon A trip to the mall is the quintessential family activity – and for good reason! With classic department stores, specialty shops, and restaurants like Cheesecake Factory and Classico Italian Chophouse, Westfield Brandon is one of the most popular malls in the Tampa Bay area.
- Dave & Busters Arcade games, VR games, and a decent American pub menu and cocktails—you’ll find plenty here to keep kids and adults happy. Dave & Busters is a fun place in town to spend a day off with the kids or the perfect place to visit on a rainy day.
- Urban Air Adventure Park Do your kids need to burn off some energy? Urban Air is an indoor playground where kids can bounce, slide, climb, and jump – rain or shine. Rent the space for a private party, or check the schedule for open jump times. It’s an excellent way for your kids to get physical activity and make friends with others in the community.
- Painting with a Twist These well-loved painting classes are a popular choice for birthday parties, bachelorette parties, and more. But did you know they’re fun for the whole family? With kids’ painting classes and Mommy and Me classes, your little ones can join in on the fun – and you’ll have new art to hang in your home!
- Heroes Paradise: This family fun center offers fully immersive, state-of-the-art outdoor laser tag. But, it also provides a wide range of activities for the whole family, from archery tag to an interactive rock wall to virtual reality experiences. This is a great place for a family day out! In fact, there’s so much to do here that you may want to invite extended family members, friends, or neighbors.
Are you considering moving your family to Brandon, FL?
When you’re ready to make your move, Elena VIP Homes will show you a VIP experience, ensuring we’ll find the perfect home for your family. Whether you need a short commute to the office or proximity to your kids’ favorite activities, we are experts in the Brandon, FL, community. So, contact us today to get started. Who knows? By the summer, you could be settled in and ready to explore Brandon’s best family venues!